What is in a Paleo Diet?
The Paleo diet, sometimes called the Caveman diet or Paleolithic diet, has been gaining popularity among health buffs and weight loss enthusiasts; most especially among those wishing to gain a fit body without too much hassle in terms of carb counting.
What makes this particular diet hit the market so well?
One of the primary reasons why so many people are hooked with the Paleo diet program is its capability to allow dieters to actually lose weight. Basically, all they have to do is eat wholesome nutrient-dense foods while completely avoid highly processed foods, including foods with too much salt, oil, and grains. The foods they eat are those fresh and in season. All foods tagged as toxic and harmful to the digestive and immune system should also be avoided.
Another great thing about this diet is that you will not only lose weight but at the same time, maintain a healthy mind and body. Foods that trigger allergens are also avoided including refined sugar, dairy, gluten, corn, and soy. Once these foods are avoided, you will surely suppress allergens and be able to prevent allergic reactions.
The Paleo diet is all about eating foods that do not contain preservatives, chemicals, and additives. If you stick to paleo diet, you will be able to provide your body the nutrients it needs for optimal health. Since you are not taking in preservatives, you can expect a dramatic improvement in your weight. You will begin to lose excess fat, healthy blood pressure level, improved energy, and strong immune system.
Tips to a Successful Paleo Diet
Many diet programs are difficult to follow and are greatly focused on restricting your calorie intake. As a result, people tend to overdo their diet by starving themselves, while others give up because of the difficulty of the diet program.
Avoiding all these problems while still gaining a healthy and fit body is what Paleo diet aims to provide those who discipline themselves enough to follow through. If you are looking for something that will enable you to enjoy your meal, allow you to eat healthy, and assist in attaining health and wellness, then the Paleo diet program is indeed for you.
A helpful site, Diet. MyWebpal, assesses the Paleo diet as the type that restricts the intake of highly processed foods including foods containing high level of sugar, salt, dairy products, and grains. It is all about eating healthy foods such as fruits, vegetables, edible seeds, nuts, and organic meat. It does not restrict the body of food, but focuses on healthy food choices. Carbohydrates is not something that this diet prohibits, and in fact encourages proper and balance portions of it in order to have enough body fuel.
Below are more tips for a successful Paleo diet, according to the website:
- Many people fail their Paleo diet because they don’t have the luxury of time to prepare their meal. To make things easy, you should pre-cook your food so that you can minimize your cooking and preparation time.
- There are Paleo-friendly replacement bars and even shakes. If you get exhausted with the diet, then you should be prepared with some replacement for at least one to two times a week.
- Know what foods are acceptable under this diet.
- Do not be afraid to try on different varieties of vegetables, especially the ones with deep colors as they tend to be more nutritious than other colored vegetables. You can create your very own vegetable salad or a smoothie perhaps.
- Give your vegetables a different taste by adding spices. That way, you can experiment on the different flavors in your meals.
A lot of people think that Paleo diet is difficult to come by because of the strict food choices. If you are used to eating processed foods, then you will surely find this diet un-appealing. However, if you want to nourish your body and keep your weight within a healthy range, then you should be willing to sacrifice. Paleo diet is not a restricting diet. In fact, it is one of the diet programs that are easy to follow. You just need to focus on eating healthy.
Salad Dressing Options for Your Paleo Diet
As mentioned earlier, most Paleo dieters focus in eating fruits, vegetables, and healthy proteins. At a glance, eating these food items seems bland and unappealing. This is the reason why a lot of Paleo Diet practitioners focus on creating salad dressing options that will give color and flavor to the regular salad meals.
Diet.MyWebpal once again shares some great tips on how to enhance salad flavors through its list of various Paleo Salad dressing options, just like these basics:
- Vinegar and oil dressings/vinaigrette – This is the simplest form of salad dressing. You can create your own vinaigrette dressing or you can simply purchase the ones available on supermarkets. It is usually made from olive oil and apple cider vinegar. When it comes to proportion, there is no exact rule. It primarily depends on your taste and preference. The ideal proportion is 1 teaspoon of olive oil to every three teaspoon of vinegar.
- Fruit dressings – If you don’t like oil, then you might want to create your own fruit dressing. You will need a blender to create a fruit dressing. A sweet mango and a vinegar of your choice should be put inside the blender and blend for a few seconds. You can also combine fresh strawberries and balsamic vinegar. For a more distinct taste, try to add a pinch of salt, pepper, and garlic and white onions.
- Mustard dressings – This is the same way as creating a vinaigrette dressing but instead of using a vinegar you will use a mustard. Many Paleo dieters prefer to use Chinese mustard because it goes well with any based dressings. If you don’t like the taste of Chinese mustard, then there are other available options such as French mustard and green peppercorn mustard. You can create your very own mustard dressing by mixing different ingredients together and see which one best suits your taste.
There are a lot more hacks on Paleo salad dressings on the site that you can check out. It highly campaigns for a fun Paleo Diet experience because being on a diet does not necessarily mean that eating is boring. With these salad dressing tips, you can literally spice up even the simplest o salad meals.
Discover 9 more reasons you should always EAT Coconut Oil
(3 of these are shocking!) Read more...